PoC|Bloomington will be regathering for worship on Sunday, July 26. Our team has worked to ensure that PoC friends and family can come together to worship safely in the fullness of the Spirit. The following procedures have been put in place during this transition for your safety and the safety of others in accordance with district, state, and CDC guidelines. We will adjust these procedures as we progress through the reentry phases.
WHAT SHOULD WE EXPECT WHEN WE ARRIVE?
1. Doors will open 20 minutes prior to worship time.
2. Please enter through the foyer doors. If you have mobility issues, you may enter through the sanctuary doors.
3. Masks are highly encouraged when you are walking through the building and while you are singing. You are welcome to remove your mask once you are settled in your seat. Masks will be available to anyone who needs one.
4. Hand sanitizer will be available in the foyer and in the sanctuary.
5. Once you enter the building, one of our team members will ask to take your temperature with a no-contact thermometer to ensure no one has a fever.
6. Proceed down the hall to the sanctuary where an usher will guide you to a seat.
7. The sanctuary seating has been adjusted to allow for social distancing between individuals and families.
8. We will not be distributing Connection Cards, but you will be able to fill out a digital version online so you can still share your prayer requests and update your contact information.
9. Coffee and water will not be served. You are welcome to bring your own!
10. At the end of worship, we ask that you exit out the sanctuary doors directly to the parking lot. Our ushers will dismiss section by section to help with social distancing.
11. There will be a box by the exit doors where you can drop your tithes and offerings. You may also give online here or through our app. For Apple phones, click here. Android users, here.
WILL THERE BE SOMETHING FOR KIDS DURING THIS SERVICE?
1. Yes! We will not have our usual children’s activities in the PoC|Thrive hallway during this initial phase. Instead, our families will set together in the sanctuary and enjoy engaging, interactive and child-friendly family services.
2. Once the worship service has begun, the foyer will be available for families with infants and toddlers who may need a little more room to move.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I BE AWARE OF?
1. The building is cleaned weekly by a private service through the IBEW. In addition, we will have a team sanitizing surfaces prior to worship.
2. Restrooms will be available during worship and will be sanitized regularly.
3. We do ask that you be mindful of social distancing. Please do not gather in the hallway or foyer. We also strongly encourage no physical contact.
WILL THE SERVICE STILL BE ONLINE?
1. Yes! We realize there are those in our PoC Family who are a part of a high-risk population and may not feel comfortable regathering yet. We are committed to provide an online option for those who are unable to join us in person.
2. We are working to obtain the necessary equipment that will allow us to hold in-house worship services and livestream simultaneously. Until that time, we will have a pre-recorded message available online.